Find a Tine
Selecting the Correct Tine
There are several important characteristics that one should keep in mind when deciding which JRM tine to order. Most JRM tines when compared to comparable OEM tines have a wall that is slightly thicker. This is necessary to provide the extra wear. In the design process it was decided that about 1/3 of the additional wall thickness would be distributed to the ID (Inside Diameter) and the remaining 2/3rds would go to the OD (Outside Diameter). These ratios vary slightly from tine to tine, but the principle is true of most JRM conventional tines. Because of the increased wall thickness and the resulting smaller core diameter (ID), it is often desirable to select a JRM tine that is listed as one size above the OEM tine you have historically used. For example, instead of a 1/2” OEM coring tine one might wish to use a 5/8” JRM tine.
In selecting the proper JRM tine you must first know the following:
- Maximum length tine that your machine will accept (this information should be available from the manufacturer.)
- The mount size (in inches) of the tine holder–you may also simply measure one of the tines you are presently using. (Most manufacturers offer several options when a new machine is purchased.)
- What is the soil composition you are likely to be encountering…if you are likely to encounter (rocks, push-up greens, or USGA spec soil). A top eject coring tine is structurally stronger than a side-eject coring tine.
- Is your aerification machine setup with the proper timing?
- Carefully check the ID of the tine you are considering since this will be the core size with coring tines.
To find tines that match your criteria please select the options below and press the “Find a Tine” button.
If you have any questions about which JRM product to select, contact our Technical Support Department at 888-576-7007. A courteous and knowledgeable representative will be glad to assist you.